Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kokopelli for Kilimanjaro

My mom sends me all sorts of random gifts.  She's an artist and has always had a really unique imagination.  Her gifts are hit and miss.  Sometimes when I open a parcel she's sent, I marvel at the things she has put in it with total bewilderment.  What was she thinking?  But other times she sends the most wonderful and thoughtful items.  She likes sending things that have a spiritual meaning. 
No matter what her parcels contain, I delight in opening them.  No matter how old I am, there is nothing better than getting a parcel in the mail from my mom, covered in stickers just like she did when I was 8 years old at summer camp.

I was thinking about my mom tonight when I was soaking in my spa pool under the stars on this cool, crisp Southern Hemisphere winter's night.  I was thinking about my upcoming trip to Africa and what items I want to take along to wear. I enjoy wearing items that were gifted to me, many by my mom.  They are my good luck charms.

I thought about the Kokopelli necklace and matching earrings she sent years ago.

I said to myself, "I love my Mommy" and looked up into the starry sky and witnessed the brightest shooting star.  It shot across the  clear night sky just for me.  It lasted a good 5 seconds.

What a special moment.  

I'm so far away from my family and I haven't seen my mom in over 4 years.  We don't talk much either - she's not one to use her computer or pick up the phone.  She shows her love in parcels.

I will wear my Kokopelli earrings in Africa.  They seem perfect for this trip.  
"If Kokopelli has lured you with his magical flute, it is time to listen to his song. This song is one of fertility. You are being asked to use your talents to create fertility in some area of your life. If things have been slow moving, Kokopelli's song is saying that whatever you intend to plant at this time will be very productive for you.

Planting seeds for the future takes effort on your part, so now is the time to use your skill and resources to make use of the magic.
If you have a project to begin or an idea to develop, the timing couldn't be better. Shift away from any old, limiting ideas and move forward. The time is now - the power is you !"

Thanks Mom!  I love you!

No comments: