Translate

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dress Shopping Blues

Trying to find the right wedding dress is much like finding the right man... you try some on... sometimes you try dozens on at a time. Some of them are really nice, some would do just fine with a few minor alterations, some look great but are they appropriate?

I'm totally stressed out. I feel under the weather and I have a bladder infection. This is what dress shopping is doing to me! Yesterday I decided to stop looking until the summer season dresses come out... but today I took my neighbour Raewyn to have a look at what I've already been "thinking about". Big mistake. I found even MORE! So now I'm even more confused than before.

Just like men - when do you stop and just choose one? Or do you wait until next season? There are just so many choices.

Luckily I am fairly certain that I don't want another man... for now. The one I've got will do. We've been through the hard bits of a relationship - I've got him to succumb to my molding without much fight anymore. He's a smart man - just succumb Honey, otherwise I'll try on some more dresses!

As you can tell, I'm feeling a bit grumbly. I'm tired and have a lot on my mind. I haven't had a day off in 12 days and I feel badly because I've been so busy running the girls to their after school activities and Mrs. P is feeling neglected. I need a clone. She can find my dress and drive the children everywhere. I'd love to just sit and have a cuppa tea.

I wish my sisters were here. This is exactly why God gave us sisters - to talk about boys and to help find a dress.

No comments: