Translate

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Cat Garden

Okay, I'm making some time to update you all! Life is certainly busy and I am still not connected to the internet at home yet. Actually, I AM but it's just dial-up and it drives me mad because it's so slow!


We are all settled in the house. My office is set up and I have started doing massages again. I have to admit, it feels great getting back into it! I feel a bit rusty - but apparently I haven't lost my touch. I already have two regular patients and a list of others waiting to get in once I'm officially set up. Brian is going to start constructing the waiting area and we've been tidying up the garden - and preparing areas to install a water feature and the spa tub of course.

I've been content exploring my garden. The Tamarillo fruit is beginning to turn colour (I can't wait until they are ready to pick - they are SO yummy!), the lemons are growing and our Swan Plant has fed dozens of fat caterpillars which are now happily turning into Monarch Butterflies in their chrysalis'. I check on them everyday. It's so fascinating.




















The garden is such a bonus with this house. Of course, a great garden not only attracts good birds and insects (AND mosquitoes!) but it also attracts cats! Our house came with it's very own cat - who was happily living in our bushes. I assumed he was a stray because he's quite skinny and he looks a bit rough around the edges.... but he's SO friendly! I took him to the vet to have him checked out and discovered that he belonged to our next door neighbours (who just moved and left their cat behind). He had been hit by a car a few months ago - and they didn't pay the vet bill - so they skipped town! A bit drastic isn't it? Well, I just so happen to love cats and this one is especially lovely so we're keeping him. We named him Buster - because I kept asking him "who do you think you are Buster?" whenever he ate Mac's food. Mac has a love/hate relationship with him which I hope settles itself out soon. Mac has a bit of an issue with sharing - and I think is a bit jealous of Buster.


Plus, our other neighbours have a little white kitten who practically lives at our house too. I don't know what it's name is so we just call it Kitten. It looks like a little skinny white rat - and I'm sure they don't feed it or play with it. So we're looking after it. He is just so adorable - and he's got one blue eye and one green eye!
I'm turning into the little 'ol woman who lived in a shoe it seems!





2 comments:

Monica said...

What a great place... and some friendly looking visitors/tenants as well.

Wish I could come for tea...

One Mountain At A Time said...

Oh how I wish you could ALL come for tea! It sometimes seems so strange that I'm living this life and my dear dear friends are so far away on another continent.