Translate

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Facebook has taken over my life!


It's been a while since my last post. The biggest reason for that is Facebook - I have reconnected with friends I haven't spoken to for more than half my lifetime! It has been crazy. I'm not sure whether it might be classed as mid life crisis... the desire to reconnect with people you knew when you were young... but it sure is a buzz. Seeing photos of my friends kids is surreal - who are these little strangers living with my friends from highschool? My friends look the same but what's amazing is that they all have the same personality. It's fantastic!

Now more than ever I have reason to write in this blog - to update those old new friends who have no idea what I've been doing with myself for the past 16-20 years. I AM writing a book but don't plan to have it finished anytime soon. I'm too busy!

However I do want to update you on what's happening around here. When I'm not on facebook, my time has been spent working, chauffeuring the kids and going to the gym! Finally I am doing something for me. I have been working out 5 days a week - I take yoga/pilates class twice a week, pump class twice a week and my circuit training once a week. I do cardio for 40 minutes after each session. So far I haven't noticed a difference physically (I still can't do up my pants) but I am certainly getting stronger. People have commented that I've lost weight - but I think it's just in my face.

Brian has been busy working on the renovations for the clinic. The weather was wet last week so he had to take a few days off work - which meant that he was here to renovate. I found a door on Trade Me (of course) which cost $1.50! It is an old solid wood door with a design of a sun - see photos - which looks fabulous looking out to the garden. Even the colour matches! But we'll be painting it blue to match the rest of the trim. The electrial is done and Brian has insulated and lined everything. I found some carpet and underlay (on Trade Me) for free... my landlord is going to try to get it picked up from Auckland. It's all coming together - albeit slowly. But I am in no major rush... though it would be nice to have some more money coming in. Things have been very tight since we left Mrs. P's!

I am very impressed with Brian's building skills. I think even he is amazed at what he's capable of doing.

The photo to the left shows what the room looks like from inside - with the Japanese screen dividing the two rooms.

Speaking of Japan... my friend Manna is arriving on Sunday! She is the girl who subletted my apartment in Stratford. She has spent the last year in Australia doing her teaching certificate and now she is doing a locum in Nelson (the south island). She is coming to stay for 10 days before she flies back to Japan. I can't wait!

And for those of you asking... I don't have a date set for surgery yet but I finally got my pre-assessment appointment which is on the 16th of April. I hope things will roll quickly after that. I'm tired of waiting - and Immigration is holding my application until I get a clear bill of health. They are such bastards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy im new to this. I came upon this board I have found It exceedingly accessible & it's helped me a lot. I should be able to give something back & support others like its helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm new here, I stumbled upon this chat board I have found It absolutely helpful & its helped me loads. I hope to give something back & guide other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, See You Around