Translate

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Quiet Festive Season

Phew, I'm getting there. Nearly caught up. Now I'm into 2009! Christmas and New Year passed without much excitement. I got tonsillitis mid-December and didn't finish my course of antibiotics... so just before Christmas the tonsillitis returned with avengence! My immune system was pretty run down so I also ended up getting bronchitis.

I managed to run the Christmas Eve Children's Service at church. It's my favourite service of the year - we dress the tree and the children learn the meaning of the decorations and the Christian connection to them. I dressed up as a beach angel and lead the service. It was loads of fun. Thanks to James who was my faithful sidekick and did all of the readings for the evening with his usual flair. A number of people told us it was the best Christmas Eve service they'd ever been to. I'm just sorry I don't have any photos.

I spent Christmas at home. The last thing I wanted to do was get anyone sick and I was not in a social mood. I needed rest. A few years ago the thought of spending Christmas alone would have depressed me but I actually enjoyed the solitude this year. I had a few invitations to Christmas dinner (thank you John and Bonnie) but I opted to stay home.

The same went for New Year's Eve. I was feeling even worse by then and my cough was dreadful. There were some good movies on television so I snuggled up on the couch and rang in the New Year quietly. I know this is going to be a great year.

Hope the same rings true for all of you.

No comments: