Translate

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

So Decadent!


I am thrilled to report that I just may have found heaven in a box! Believe it or not, but one of the many things I miss about Canada has been my favourite cookie - President's Choice Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies.

My sister sent me a packet in September but I haven't opened them - until today... I couldn't bear the thought of eating them (I can't just eat one) and have no more... so I hoard.

But the other day while I was out shopping, I spotted a nice looking box of Chocolate Chip cookies at K-mart. I was intrigued, as the cookie in the photo looked very familiar. Upon closer inspection I saw that it was also called "Australia's Choice Decadent Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie"... hmmmm, so I bought a box for further investigation. I was very sceptical.

My findings are incredible - better than expected! Mrs. P and I have now devoured two boxes of this "imposter" cookie. Very dangerous so close to the wedding... but I can't just eat one or two... I must consume an entire row of cookies before I can close the box! Why, oh why, did I have to conduct this investigation?

The evidence is conclusive - this is practically the same product! Except, dare I even say it, I think the Australia's Choice cookies may be BETTER! They have the triple chocolate chip factor going for them. But honestly, when I did a blind taste test (and I conducted many just to be sure) I really couldn't tell the difference between the two (except for the fact that the ones my sister sent from home are a little stale and crumbly from the trip over).

It's a wonderful day. Mrs. P loves these cookies and I can get her to eat three at a time!!! Unfortunately I eat the rest. I'm so glad I got a corset for the wedding... I'll need the extra support!

The one on the left is Canadian, the one on the right is Australian.


No comments: