Translate

Friday, October 27, 2006

Magic Hands

Mrs P says she feels like an All Black. She's resting from a hamstring strain. I think she's rather proud to tell people, "Oh, it's just my hamstring, how boring." But she is delighted to have a professional on hand to give her a proper rub down everyday and we are sure to keep the leg mobile with stretching and flexion exercises. I'm using my Chinese tincture to warm the muscles - my dear clients from home would remember that stuff well. I hope you've found a therapist who uses something similar. It's the best stuff on earth. My "magic" potion. Mrs P tells me I have Magic Hands... that's a good name for a business.

I have to admit, it's nice to get back to doing what I do best... working with the body. It's hard to believe I've been at it for nearly 12 years - this is definitely the longest break I've taken from it since I started in 1995. It makes me feel so useful.

The toughest thing about trying to explain to people what I do (or DID in Canada) here is the fact that people don't understand how valuable Massage Therapists are for wellbeing. It's like a 20 year time warp. I had such a good reputation in my community back home - and it's like I have to prove myself here. But I am confident in my skills. It's just a matter of time before I have a following. It's so strange to think that so many people are missing out on such a wonderful form of overall healthcare - just from pure ignorance.

So today I am a MASSAGE THERAPIST! Hear me ROAR!

No comments: